Thursday, September 10, 2009

Guess What!!!!!!













LOL!!!! So kidding. I have noticed over my two, count them, two weeks at BYU, that I seem to have a knack for attracting RMs. Almost every guy that has sat right by me in class and struck up a conversation with me is an RM. I think they got the hang of the pushing an idea upon people. They sure know how to sell themselves. They always start off their conversations like this: Hi, I am (insert name here). Are you a freshman? I just got back from (insert name of place here) a few months ago, but technically, I am a freshman......(You get the idea.) I think I am going to have to be on my guard, haha.


I have had a guy talk to me about rings though, and I know that this particular guy likes me. This is the ring that he was telling me about:

It's called a claddagh ring. It is Irish (the guy is Irish too, big coincidence, haha). The ring has two hands which stand for friendship, a heart for love, and a crown for loyalty. The expression which was associated with these symbols in the giving of the ring was: "With my two hands I give you my heart, and crown it with my love." The expression, "Let love and friendship reign forever" can be found as another meaning for the symbols.

The way that a Claddagh ring is worn on the hand is usually intended to convey the wearer's romantic availability, or lack thereof.

Traditionally, if the ring is on the right hand with the heart facing outward and away from the body, this indicates that the person wearing the ring is not in any serious relationship, and may in fact be single and looking for a relationship: "their heart is open."

When worn on the right hand but with the heart facing inward toward the body, this indicates the person wearing the ring is in a relationship, or that "someone has captured their heart".

A Claddagh worn on the left hand ring finger facing outward away from the body generally indicates that the wearer is engaged.

When the ring is on the left hand ring finger and facing inward toward the body, it generally means that the person wearing the ring is married."





These are a few of the fancy claddagh rings I found. I am pretty sure that those top ones are for marriage. One of the diamond ones costs $3,500.

I find things like this really interesting, and I thought I would share it with you. Sorry for the scare. :D I am pretty sure that if I had a claddagh ring, I would be wearing it on my right hand with the heart pointing away for quite a while.

No comments: