Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Needed After Partying....zzzz.....

Yes, my friends, I mean a nap.  I have definitely been feeling the effects of sleep deprivation the last few days.  But would I change anything....no, not a thing.  After two semesters with absolutely no social life (I worked from 5-9pm), summer has been a wonderful blessing for me.  I mean, people in my ward actually know who I am now.  I have been keeping busy with FHE, game night, concerts, movie night, volleyball, ultimate frisbee, hanging out with friends, and a few dates.  I know Heavenly Father allows you experiences at different points in your life, so that you will appreciate them all the more.  He gave me the opportunity to push myself out of my comfort zone this summer and befriend many new people who have become amazing friends.  They do not know the impact they have already made in my life, but I am so grateful for each one of them. 

This weekend I went on a date with a few similarities to this scene of the movie Tangled.
 That's right, we floated lanterns.  It was such a fun group date.  We had a crazy night including almost running off the side of the road, nearly getting blown away by the wind, nearly lighting a tree on fire (that was not my date and me), and getting some awesome Blizzards to finish off the night.  Life has been great.  Also, we have been going to Movies in the Park this month, including Prince of Persia and you guessed it, Tangled.  I love that Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need at points in our life, better than anything that we could have come up on our own.  Now, for the rest of the week, we have game night, volleyball, ultimate frisbee, a free concert, and potentially, a trip home for a few days.  I love life!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I thought for sure that you were going to announce that you were blonde as per the picture...but I guess floating lanterns on a date is pretty fun too. when are you going home?

Ashley said...

Hopefully, I am going home this weekend. :)