Saturday, June 27, 2009

Aberdeen Daze


For the last couple of days this week, I have been working on the Simplot Float for Aberdeen Daze. The theme was "Hometown Heroes". They had built a metal framework. My job was to make it look like a water tower. I constructed, painted, and "decorated". Then I helped make signs for the float. It was a lot of fun. Here is the final product in the parade.


Abigail was so cute during the parade. We helped her find candy for her bucket. I even added an Aberdeen Football to the mix that cousin Tori was kind enough to throw to me.


It was a great parade. I think it was a little longer than it has been the last few years; maybe that's why it started half an hour late, lol. Breanne's mom, Diane, came to celebrate with us. It was great to see her. Later in the afternoon, Brandon, Breanne, Abby, Diane, and I went to the fish fry. I even tried a little of the fish; it's not my favorite but it wasn't horrible. Breanne's sister Ashlynn and her husband Chris met up with us at the fish fry, as well.

It was a great Aberdeen Daze. It's always nice to see those that you haven't seen in a while, so you can catch up. Hopefully, next year will be just as good or better.

p.s. I would like to thank Breanne. I "stole" the pictures from her. Thanks Bre!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am holding my head in shame that I did not even notice that you had 2 post so close together....great job on the water tower