Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Life Right Now In Song...


I know I can't take one more step towards you, because all that's waiting is regret. And don't you know, I'm not your ghost anymore. You lost the love I loved the most. And who do you think you are, running 'round leaving cars, collecting your jar of hearts, and tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back to me. I have grown too strong to ever fall back in your arms. And who do you think you are, running 'round leaving scars, collecting your jar of hearts, and tearing love apart. Don't come back for me. Don't come back at all! Who do you think you are? Who do you think you are? Who do you think you are?
I tried to give you everything, but you just gave me lies. I'm ain't trippin'; I'm just missin' you. What am I waiting for? My heart's still breakin'. Say you want me back, but you never do. I feel like such a fool.

Broken clock is a comfort; it helps me sleep tonight. I'm falling apart; I'm barely breathing. With a broken heart, that's still beating. In the pain, there is healing. The broken locks were a warning you got inside my head. I tried my best to be guarded...I'm an open book instead. And I'm hanging on to the words you say...you said that I will be okay.

Let's talk this over; it's not like we're dead. Was it something I did? Was it something you said? Don't leave me hanging in a city so dead, held up so high on such a breakable thread. You were all the things I thought I knew and I thought we could be. You were everything, everything that I wanted. We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it. All of our memories so close to me just fade away. All this time you were pretending, so much for my happy ending. It's nice to know that you were there. Thanks for acting like you cared and making me feel like I was the only one. It's nice to know we had it all. Thanks for watching as I fall and letting me know we were done.

You were always hard to hold so letting go ain't easy. I'm hanging on, but growing cold while my mind is leaving. Talk, talk is cheap...give me a word you can keep. 'Cause I'm halfway gone, and I'm on my way, and I'm feelin', feelin', feelin' this way. You got one foot out the door and choking on the other. Always thinkin' something more is just around the corner.

Intimacy. Honesty. Commitment. You. Me. Us. If I were a boy, I think I could understand how it feels to love a girl. I swear I'd be a better man. I'd listen to her 'cause I know how it hurts when you lose the one you wanted 'cause he's taking you for granted and everything you had got destroyed. It's a little too late for you to come back, say its just a mistake. Think I'd forgive you like that. If you thought I would wait for you, you thought wrong. But you're just a boy. You don't understand. And you don't understand, oh, how it feels to love a girl. Someday, you'll wish you were a better man.
And keep talking that mass, that's fine. Could you walk and talk, at the same time? Standing in the front door, telling me how I'm such a fool, talking 'bout how I'll never find another man like you. You got me twisted. You must not know 'bout me. You must not know 'bout me. I can have another you by tomorrow, so don't you ever for a second get to thinkin' you're irreplaceable. So go ahead and get gone. Call up that chick, and see if she's home. Oops, I bet you thought that I didn't know. What did you think I was putting you out for? Because you was untrue. So since I'm not your everything, how about I'll be nothing...nothing at all to you. Baby, I won't shed a tear for you. I won't lose a wink of sleep 'cause the truth of the matter is replacing you is so easy. You can pack all your bags. We're finished. 'Cause you made your bed, now lay in it. I could have another you by tomorrow. Don' you ever for a second get to thinkin' you're irreplaceable.


No comments: